BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Spoiled Rotten

Yesterday was fun. After a crazy busy week for Steve, I decided I needed to:

"Spoil my husband for a whole day- not his birthday!"

No. 22 on my list was definitely an experience worth repeating. I thought yesterday would be an appropriate choice as his collaborator from Stanford had just left, and after clocking nearly 80 hrs at the lab last week working together on a project, he could use some special treatment. Granted, he was still at work for the majority of the day, so another time I'll have to spoil him on the weekend, but a Tuesday made for an extra special, out of the ordinary "normal" day, so he liked that. :)

Here's a sampling of the spoiling:

* Woke up early to make pancakes and get our lunches ready

* Left a sweet note in his lunch and left him "I love you" txts and emails throughout the day

* Took a shower and wore a cute dress for when he got home

* Had a beer and "appetizer" (hehe, triscuits w/ cheese... nothing fancy, but tasty!) ready for him when he walked in

* Picked up fresh flowers for the table, and was blown away when he came home with a bouquet of flowers for me!!! Such a good man...

* Made one his favorite dishes for dinner- sausage risotto

* Had one of his favorite ice cream flavors (Haagen-Dazs' Sticky Toffee Pudding) over a peach crisp dessert I made

* Did all the clean-up, dishes, AND took the cat droppings out

* Gave him a massage

I'll leave it at that :) . Most of the above are things I should really do more often, and not just as a way to "spoil" my hubby, so it was a good eye-opener for me. It also made me realize just how much he does for me in a day...

Anyway, it was definitely fun to give him the royal treatment for a whole day, and I'm looking forward to finding more ways to show him just how much he means to me.

What are some ways that you spoil your special man? Please leave a comment with ideas and suggestions. :)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

What loving acts of affection and also great ideas for me! Mine is not as sweet, but I try to get all errands/shopping/business done during the week so he doesn't have to worry about that on his weekend days off. But now I am inspired to integrate more sweet things!

Shawna said...

i love this and it's a great reminder that as wives there are so many ways to bless our husbands. i made encouragement cards and left them all over the apt. last week. some had scripture and some were just of thanks for affirmation.

i also love to cook his favorite meals for him...and sometimes they are my favorite, too! :) bonus.

Kristian and Katy said...

how sweet!!! i love that you did this. what a wonderful wife.
i agree... favorite meals are always a winner... emails throughout the day...

thanks for the encouragement.

-katy

Becksta said...

love everyone's suggestions- thanks!!! :)