Becksta here first: heading back to school has taken over so no time to post anything this week. Alas, my wonderful hubby has some very important things on his mind that he'd like to share in this medium that we like to call the "blog world." Quick update on my end though- I did accomplish No. 21 this month:
"Take notes on JR's (or Kenny's) sermons for a whole month"
I definitely paid more attention as a result. There were some amazing sermons this month as JR and Kenny explored the book of Colossians with us, and I wish I had a moment to hash out some of things that were taught. Maybe someday... as for now, please take a moment to read Steve's post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I always figured that my first foray into blogging as a guest post here would either be something artistic - like sharing some picture I took, or some attempt at being creative - like writing from the perspective of our cat. For those of you who actually would look forward to something like that: Don't worry! I'll keep shooting, and "A day in the life of Parker the BratCat" will eventually appear here. I have something a bit more pressing on my mind for this post.
Those numbers don't only represent the western world: it's estimated that there will be approximately 16 million new cancer cases annually by 2020, with 8.8 million (over half!) of them coming from the developing world. How bad is the problem in sub-Saharan Africa, for instance? Consider this:
-2.7 million years of life are lost worldwide due to cervical cancer each year. 2.4 million of those years are from developing areas (that's almost 90%) , with the western world losing 300,000 years. Cervical cancer accounts for 25.4% of female cancers in Africa.
1 comments:
awe! Steve! Welcome to blog world! How fun to have you!
Becky, I got your message and I will call soon! We had the weekend off from being parents to celebrate our anniversary.
Talk next week! Love you guys!
Post a Comment