BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Isn't it Ironic...

...that (regarding the "list") once I decided to:


25. Avoid shopping for anything I don't need for one month

it happened to be the same month that I got more coupons, deals, recommendations and suggestions for clothing/products than I think I've ever gotten in a whole year!!!


(???)


...that the day it snows when I actually didn't want school to be canceled because of everything that had to be done that day, classes were, of course, canceled. Yet, this twist of fate allowed me the time to practice more than I've gotten since school began, enabling me to:

13. Spend an entire practice session focusing on sound & playing long tones with a tuner


(???)


...that our crazy cat, dear Parker, would in 11 months change so dramatically that he actually wants to be pet, lays his head on my arm, and attacks us at a much lower frequency making it so hard to:

27. Avoid petting cat for one day (if you know Parker, this could be for my betterment!)


(???)


Ironic? Yes. But ah, how fun it can be to see God's sense of humor and know that He's always got my best interest in mind. :)

If you know me fairly well, you'll know I'm a sucker for coupons. No, not the grocery store kind that you have to search through the Sunday newspaper to clip out (do they even have those in NY papers???), but those that I get from "my" store (s). The main one, NY and Co. which frequently emails me deals to "save $30 off a purchase of $75," is near impossible for me to pass up (I'm saving money after all, right???), but I've also been a pretty big sucker lately for the Express "$20 off" coupons and the recent email exclusives I've been receiving from Aerosoles, Sephora, and Bare Escentuals just to name a few. Not that I've had loads of time to shop, but normally, when it comes to a deal, I'll make the time for a quick 1-hr or so trip over the weekend for some shopping.

When I realized how close I was getting to the deadline of the "list," I knew February had to be the month for #25 and it was not easy! In addition to the email deals I seemed to accumulate on an almost hourly basis, my dear friend and incredible blogger, Summer also had several cool beauty products on her site that caught my eye:


and

Vitamin Shampoo


to name just a couple...


But alas, i didn't need any of it so I was challenged to resist the temptation.

And now that the "month" has passed, I can't wait for my mommy to come to town this weekend and go shopping together - ha! Not to defeat the purpose of the challenge though, but I do, after all, need to find a new top to wear for my recital on Monday...


Seriously, though, it was a good challenge and just a reminder that I don't have to always take advantage of those sweet little deals, and whaddya know? I think I'm actually saving a lot more $$$ when I'm not spending any of it at all!!! :)

As for #13, as stressed out as I was when finding out classes were canceled, frantically spending hours on the phone and computer rescheduling things, I ended up really needing a day off and enjoyed devoting one of the "practice sessions" that day to long tones and very slow practice with a tuner. And in hindsight, I'm feeling a heck of a lot more ready for this recital now!

And lastly, on to Mr. Parker and #27...

I was going to tweak this one a little, as like I said before, the cat actually wants to be pet now (a huge improvement from a year ago) and we can't deny the little guy his needs, right??? So instead of avoiding petting him altogether, both Steve and I were going to make an effort to pet him only when he asks for it (as in he'll literally place his butt on our foot and wait for us to pet him), and not just cause he's so stinkin' cute that we can't help but touch him. We know it has to be on his terms, but sometimes, we just can't resist! I mean, look at that soft, white, little belly!!!




(And now, look at that annoyed face...)


I did actually end up going the whole day without touching him though, as there was no butt-on-the-foot action, and even though he looked up at me several times like "What the heck is your deal, today?," and sat awful close to me as if to say "yes, I will, in fact, allow you to pet me," I decided to just cold turkey and keep my paws to myself. Not sure what the outcome of accomplishing this was... It was pretty hard, and I felt so bad cause I really think he felt a little neglected!!! But, at least it showed us how far our little kitty has come and makes us hopeful that he may in fact become a lovey-dovey animal after all!

Wishful thinking? Maybe. But who knows, maybe irony will lear its pretty little head again and Parker will become a lapcat!





2 comments:

Kristian and Katy said...

fun post! and i can't believe parker has had such an attitude adjustment! ha! glad to hear it, for your sake :)

Shawna said...

i really enjoyed this post! isn't it interesting when we refrain from doing something - how much we realize our dependence on it? proud of you for that one.