Ski- Steve and I enjoyed an awesome weekend a couple weeks ago at the Camelback Ski Resort in the Poconos. We had a great time.
Go on a romantic weekend getaway with my husband.
No. 29 - CHECK!
Growing up, my family skied fairly frequently when we lived in West Point, NY- the "pink bomber," my folks liked to call me in my big, ballooned, pink ski suit as a 3-5 yr old. Then when I was in high school living in the Netherlands, we took yearly ski trips to the Bavarian Alps. However, it had been a good 15 years or so since my legs have been stuck to the contraption of the ski so I wasn't sure what to expect.
Well, it was definitely like riding a bike and I couldn't believe how quickly I had forgotten how much I loved it! Man, it was super fun. Walking in the boots and getting off of the ski lift were the toughest part- ha! I thought it was rather ironic and comical that my only fall of the day was climbing a little hill in those boots before I even had on skis. That was quite a sight. Go figure...

We had incredibly bad-for-you junk food the whole weekend and loved it, and just enjoyed some time away. It was great to reconnect and this is definitely another item from the "list" that's a keeper!
School- well, two 1/2 more weeks down at least!!! :) The non-stop schedule has begun and I wonder where the heck my winter break went... I knew I'd regret working at LC so much, but alas... darn hindsight. This semester should be a tad lighter though once I can get through this next month (competition recording, orchestra rehearsal/concert, extra trips out to hear undergrad auditions, etc, etc, then another recital to top it off in the beginning of March!), so I'm just trying to keep my eye on the finish line and try to enjoy it in the process.
For the most part, I'll be going 3 days instead of 4 this semester, and then once that's done, next year should just be 2 days max or so to teach- woo hoo!!! One day at a time :) It is going well- I do still enjoy the classes, students, and the people at least and am getting in a teensy bit more time to practice which I'm happy about. Once again, the blog will be one of the biggest areas to take a back seat, but I'll do my best- I'm getting close to the deadline on the Challenge so hopefully that will keep me going!!!
No. 29 - CHECK!
Growing up, my family skied fairly frequently when we lived in West Point, NY- the "pink bomber," my folks liked to call me in my big, ballooned, pink ski suit as a 3-5 yr old. Then when I was in high school living in the Netherlands, we took yearly ski trips to the Bavarian Alps. However, it had been a good 15 years or so since my legs have been stuck to the contraption of the ski so I wasn't sure what to expect.Well, it was definitely like riding a bike and I couldn't believe how quickly I had forgotten how much I loved it! Man, it was super fun. Walking in the boots and getting off of the ski lift were the toughest part- ha! I thought it was rather ironic and comical that my only fall of the day was climbing a little hill in those boots before I even had on skis. That was quite a sight. Go figure...

We had incredibly bad-for-you junk food the whole weekend and loved it, and just enjoyed some time away. It was great to reconnect and this is definitely another item from the "list" that's a keeper!
School- well, two 1/2 more weeks down at least!!! :) The non-stop schedule has begun and I wonder where the heck my winter break went... I knew I'd regret working at LC so much, but alas... darn hindsight. This semester should be a tad lighter though once I can get through this next month (competition recording, orchestra rehearsal/concert, extra trips out to hear undergrad auditions, etc, etc, then another recital to top it off in the beginning of March!), so I'm just trying to keep my eye on the finish line and try to enjoy it in the process.
For the most part, I'll be going 3 days instead of 4 this semester, and then once that's done, next year should just be 2 days max or so to teach- woo hoo!!! One day at a time :) It is going well- I do still enjoy the classes, students, and the people at least and am getting in a teensy bit more time to practice which I'm happy about. Once again, the blog will be one of the biggest areas to take a back seat, but I'll do my best- I'm getting close to the deadline on the Challenge so hopefully that will keep me going!!!
1 comments:
how fun!!! i didnt realize you guys did this. how wonderful.
alone time with the hubby is the best.
-k
Post a Comment