Settle in, this post is a biggie! As will be the next several as I continue my catch-up game with the ridiculous amount of pictures I take. To help get caught up, I'm doing lots of combining so this post will have photos from the first few months of the year!
Starting with January-
Starting with January-
Hot cocoa with friends
Their favorite painting books.
Snow day! With more cocoa with the neighbors!
First day of school!!!
We were so thrilled that Ollie was able to start Pre-K at the same school Maelee went, and he LOVES it! And is thriving there.
Praise the Lord!
First day of school treats:)
More winter day fun.
Crazy hair day!
Always happy to have Gracie over:)
Making home made pizza with the kids-
one of the MANY ways Steve was a rockstar during a very tough January.
More pics from January HERE
Onto February!
one of the MANY ways Steve was a rockstar during a very tough January.
More pics from January HERE
Onto February!
Day off from school meant indoor play fun with friends!
Sadly, I didn't get any pics of the great company we had to enjoy the Superbowl (Nana & Pop-Pop and Mandy & Holland), but at least I got some pics of the football sweet cream cheese dip covered in chocolate chips!
So proud of his garage creation!
And so excited to find her picture in the city summer activities booklet!
Valentine's cookies on Valentine's Day!
Celebrating Chloe's birthday!
Loves playing in the leaves!
School dance!
Girl Scouts "World Day."
I love that Maelee's troop chose Japan as their country to present!
Birthday party for one of Ollie's classmates!
He was SO excited to be there!
Just a crazy night with one of our other favorite trio of kiddos!
Impromptu block pizza night!
It's also hard to think back to February without mentioning another event that took up a lot of my time. Less than a week after we got home from South Africa, I decided on a whim to submit an application and recording to perform at the Flute Society of Washington's Mid-Atlantic Flute Fair. My proposal was for a program featuring African composers, including a couple pieces that were on the adoption fundraising recital I gave last spring. In mid-December, I found out my proposal was accepted, which was both very exciting but also very stressful! I got in as much practicing as I could and in some ways, it was a helpful distraction during a very difficult season. My performance was bright and early so attendance was small, but I was so grateful for the opportunity! (And the resume building!) Here's a recording of one of the pieces. It's pretty funny at the end as Steve tries to manage filming me while simultaneously handling a very bored Ollie! Like I said, he has been a multi-tasking rockstar!
More February pics HERE
Time for March!
After school mommy & Maelee date!
Making the most out of when we didn't have electricity for over 24 hrs during a major wind storm!
We piled on the blankets and the girls loved snuggling with Ollie before heading to their room.
Excited to be matching with her doll.
Pizza in Old Town with Nana & Pop-Pop!
Ollie loves to ride the trolley!
Pajama day at Pre-K!
(No rhyme for this one, haha)
One of our sweet friends from our church community group had offered several times to treat Steve and I to a date night by watching our kiddos and we were finally able to take advantage of it. I surprised Steve with dinner at Ruth's Chris! So grateful!
One of our sweet friends from our church community group had offered several times to treat Steve and I to a date night by watching our kiddos and we were finally able to take advantage of it. I surprised Steve with dinner at Ruth's Chris! So grateful!
First of hopefully more pizza and movie nights with our neighbors!
It was a packed house but super fun.
Mommy & Lilee date!
Open mic night at GM!
So proud of my girl and her pals for their routine!
Celebrating with ice cream afterward!
The neighborhood crew taking a break from the snow.
Ollie loved the pseudo-sledding!
Making rock candy with daddy!
While Steve was gone on a work trip, Maelee watched them crystalize!
It took a while before they were finally able to try some, but they thought it was tasty once they did!
Selling Girl Scouts cookies!
Special afternoon with Nana for the girls!
They saw Peter Rabbit and loved it!
They saw Peter Rabbit and loved it!
More March pics HERE
And that is a very brief summary of some of the fun from the beginning of the year. More posts to come with pictures from Easter and our quick trip to Williamsburg, plus Maelee's birthday, and wrapping up April/May! Let's see if I can be caught up by summer!
















































0 comments:
Post a Comment