BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 20, 2015

A first lost tooth, a first "marathon," and some Halloween fun!

Onto October!  

Another big month for our girls with lots going on...  So in an attempt to keep the copious amount of pictures manageable, I'm hoping to keep multiple blog posts from the past month as concise as possible.  

And as always, I'll try to let the pictures speak for themselves without adding too much of my usual wordiness :) Starting with some happenings in the life of Lilee!

We've had one of Lilee's pals from church over several Fridays to help out her mama who was pregnant with (and recently delivered) her 5th (!) child, so it has been adorable to watch these two together...

 




We also keep getting a kick out of watching her with baby dolls.  She loves to read to them, dress them, feed them, put them on the potty... 
 


All this must've been in preparation for her own try on the potty! No pics of this one...  But at the end of Oct, she wanted to try herself and actually went!  Maelee and I were so excited, which made Lilee so excited... It was a riot.  We're not rushing the potty training but she is too funny with it!

 
That's our funny girl!

Just a cute shot of the girls with neighbor pal, Xavi, prepping their pizza for a pizza & movie night.


And now onto the big excitement of the month for Maelee!

This bottom tooth had been loose since the day before school started and we knew it was getting close, so I wasn't too surprised when I got the sweet pic above from her Kindergarten teacher.
Still a little bittersweet for this mama that she has lost her first tooth!

So we had a mini celebration after school with smiley-faced, lost-tooth mini cupcakes:)



Her letter to the Tooth Fairy

And the excitement at finding a sparkly dollar under her pillow the next morning!

The weekend before Halloween, Maelee had the chance to run her first "marathon" with her school for the Marine Corps Fun Run at the Pentagon.  I was so proud of our big girl for running/jogging/walking a whole mile!  Such a great morning.
 
  The three class buds stayed together the whole time!





Also last month, Maelee started a "Paws to Read" program at our local library where she can practice no-pressure reading to volunteer dogs.  It is the sweetest!  And her most recent dog was a poodle- much to our dismay, her favorite breed! Haha. She was quite excited. 





Before I get to the Halloween shenanigans, had to share a couple cute pictures of our new "pet."  Our neighborhood is filled with squirrels but much more to our delight, chipmunks!  Including our friend, "Chippy," who has made his home just across our front porch.  The girls have loved leaving little snacks for him!  (No idea why we assume it's a he...)




And a slideshow of more October pics:




Now onto trick or treating and various fun!  We were able to see Steve's parents a couple weekends in October on the front and back end of a cruise they took out of Baltimore so that was a special treat for the girls.  One of these visits fell on the same day as Shirlington's trick or treating which was great Halloween night prep for Lilee especially!



Cutest little black kitty and dalmation I know!



Sweet bedtime stories
during a short but sweet visit.

To keep our pumpkins from rotting too early, we did our pumpkin carving just a couple days before Halloween.  The girls were so helpful in prepping the pumpkins and loved having Xavi over to help!





Jack-o-lantern pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes for Halloween morning




Followed by pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that afternoon!

Ready for some quick trick or treating around our community to start off the evening!



This was Lilee giving AWAY her candy to this guy.  SO adorable!!!

After visiting a few places in our community, we met up with some of Maelee's school friends just a couple blocks from her school.  This block truly went all out!  The street was closed off and the houses had elaborate decorations, many with different themes.

Including an entire under the ocean theme!

Good class pals- the cheetah and dalmation.

I figured I'd match my girls' black and white attire and thought one of Maelee's wigs would be a fun touch.  Little did I know so many people would think I was trying to be Cruella deVil!

Steve looked pretty cute with the dog ears:)

Pretty happy after a fun night out with friends and candy!

Slideshow of Halloween Pics:

October was a big month! Many more pics to come!

0 comments: