BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Love is Brewing...

On Sunday, April 14th, my friend Dustin and I presented a recital complete with an afternoon tea reception to benefit an organization that Steve and I strongly support called  Love146 (love146.org).   It took an awful lot of planning, practicing, rehearsing, and organizing, along with the incredible help of LOTS of amazing friends and volunteers (and a super sweet hubby, incredibly supportive parents, and a sometimes tolerant daughter!) to pull off.  Would love for you to check out their website and spread the word, and even donate (love146.org/donate) if you feel so led.  Otherwise, please check out some facts below, and give a listen if you have the time.

Love is Brewing 
A Benefit Recital with Afternoon Tea

Rebecca Metheny Mason, flute
Dustin Seay, bassoon
Christine Pulliam, piano

  • It is estimated that at least 27 million people are currently enslaved around the world
  • 2 children per minute are trafficked for sexual exploitation/slavery                                                           
  • The trafficking of human beings is the second most lucrative crime in the world
  • Every year at least 1.2 million children are estimated to be trafficked around the world  
  • 45,000-50,000 persons are estimated to be trafficked into the U.S. each year, and of this, 15,000 to 17,500 are children, forced to participate in commercial sexual exploitation
  • In the first 48 hours of being on the street,1 in 3 children are lured into prostitution
     

    And below are the links to youtube where you can listen:

(intro to program, just talking)



Children’s Corner, for Flute and Bassoon
Claude Debussy (1862-1918)           
 I.   Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum                                                                                                          
 II.  Jumbo’s Lullaby                                                                                                              
III. Serenade of the Doll
V. The Little Shepherd
VI. Golliwogg’s Cake Walk
(Debussy)


Sonata in C Major, for Bassoon and Piano
Francesco Geminiani (1687-1762)
 I.   Andante                                                                                                                                 

II.  Allegro
III. Affetuoso
IV. Allegro
(Geminiani) 


Sonata Appassionata in F# Minor,  for Solo Flute                                                                     
Sigfrid Karg-Elert (1877-1933)
(Karg-Elert)


Fantasia in F Major, for Solo Bassoon                                                                       
Georg Philipp Telemann (1681-1767)
 I.   Largo - II.   Allegro                                                                                                              

Fantasia in A Minor
I.   Allegro - II.   Presto


(Telemann)


Serenade for Flute and Piano                                                                                                         
Howard Hanson (1896-1981)
(Hanson)


Bachianas Brasileiras No. 6, for Flute and Bassoon                                                                      
Heitor Villa-Lobos (1887-1959)
 I.   Aria (Chôro)                                                     
                                                                   
II.  Fantasia


(Villa-Lobos)


Some pics of the beautiful spread after the recital:








It was an exhausting but rewarding day and we are so grateful for those who came out to help raise over $500 for the cause! 


0 comments: