In some ways, I feel like not much happened over the past few weeks, and in others, there's been lots of excitement!
This move has taken a lot out of me but our home is slowly coming together and we sure do love it. Maelee has taken it in stride but has really started to show some personality "quirks" lately...
I think she may have (at least, temporarily) a little bit of a split-personality going on! (Or as my mom likes to say, "She's just being a baby"). :) We've noticed that she will either be Miss Happy Face or Miss Fussy Pants with not a whole lot in between. Some days there's not a single whimper with plenty of smiles, giggles, and coos. Other days, try as we might and hardly a grin is cracked, with whining and fussing for no obvious reason! Sometimes it's several good days in a row, followed by several not-so-good days in a row; sometimes it's an every other day thing! I never seem to know what awaits me when I get our little sleeping beauty in the morning... But regardless, she's still our sweetie and we love her just the same. Some days, I'd just really like to know what the deal is, though!
About the 2nd week of November we noticed one of her bottom teeth had cut through and the other followed shortly after, so I like to use teething as the convenient excuse whenever she's just "not herself." I'm really hoping that is the reason, though (and it's not something else that I'm completely missing!!!), but am also hoping that as they say, she'll get somewhat used to the teething sensation and it will get easier on her.
Her little babbling makes us laugh harder than ever with how expressive she is and how seriously she wants to communicate with us. Bananas were added to the "solids" diet which she seemed to like (finally!) and she's also a fan of carrots and is ok with rice cereal, but insists on spitting out peas. She also (finally!) seems to be ok being on her tummy as she flips onto it all the time but we still foresee any crawling to be quite a ways away and wouldn't be too surprised, or disappointed, if she skipped crawling altogether. But who knows! She tends to surprise us :) She definitely loves playing with her toys and has her favorites, and loves her little books.
And she loved her big treats this month of seeing both sets of grandparents and her Aunt Kim!
Early on in the month, her Nana- Lin came up for a quick visit to help with the unpacking and really, to see her little darling. The couple of days went by too fast, but as always, we all enjoyed every minute. We also enjoyed our quick visit from Aunt Kim who made the effort to see us after a meeting she had in the city.
Then, a couple days before Thanksgiving, our family of three took the bus down to quickly see my parents and pick up their car (thanks, Mom & Dad!) for our trip to North Caroline to see Steve's parents. We were there for a delicious Thanksgiving and a couple days, then made the quick stop back up to VA to see my parents and return the car, followed by another bus back to NYC.
Anyhow, on to the fun part! Enjoy some pics from Maelee's 7th month into her 8th month, along with her 7 Month "Photo Shoot," followed by a little holiday cheer to get you in the spirit of Christmas at the bottom... :)
And here's a slideshow of more shots from the 7th month:
And here's a slideshow of more pics from that "shoot:"
I will praise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving.
but she did enjoy her sweet potatoes and bananas!
0 comments:
Post a Comment