BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Celebrations

Well, given that Maelee has just turned 6 weeks (!!!), I'm a little late on the "1 month" post, but thus is the life... Hopefully I'll get to the current happenings in the 2nd month post in a more timely fashion!

(But go ahead and check out a sneak peak of some great "Happy Maelee" pics from 6 1/2 weeks old at the bottom of the post!)

The focus of this one, though, deals mainly with three days in a row of fun celebrations that we had a few weeks back.

5/20-5/21: Becky's graduation from Stony Brook with her DMA.

With my sweet family after the hooding ceremony...




(nice hat...)



After the Music Dept ceremony with Prof. Goldstein-
one of my most favorite teachers ever!!!



Little sweetheart tuckered out after a long day

My folks came up for all the festivities and even treated us all to a night at a Hyatt so we didn't have to make that drive two days in a row. We enjoyed lots of good eats and it was awesome to feel like I am finally finished with school. For good!!!

5/22: Sweet Maelee girl turned one month old!!!

And what an amazing month it has been and continues to be into the 2nd month. Some recent things that we are just L-O-V-I-N-G as the 4th week came to an end:

* More smiles that absolutely can NOT be blamed on "gas" and are totally in response to us or something she sees - sooo fun!!!




Listening to her Pop-Pop

* Checking out the toys on her swing

* Hearing her adorable little coos and noises like "haaaah" and "gowh"

* Watching her stare intently at our "shapes" book

* Watching her learn how to use her arms and continuing to work her neck and leg muscles!

* More play dates with good friends!

* Her 1 month photo shoot- last one hamming it up with the "ladybug" theme










Also on 5/22: Our dear friend, Shawna, had a surprise baby shower!!!


With some of the most amazing ladies I know- Ginger, Shawna, and Katy

Felt super weird to be apart from my sweet girl, but knew she was in good hands with her daddy and I couldn't miss being able to shower my sweet friend with LOVE!

And surprise!!!

Little Wesley decided to make an early arrival on 5/27- CONGRATULATIONS Sullivan Family!!!

Our first month with Maelee has been amazing and we are enjoying her more and more as the weeks pass. We thought we'd never want her to get bigger or change but we are loving each new experience with her and are so excited to watch her grow. I'll save some of the more recent fun things for the next month, but she is incredible. Still has those days where she just refuses to nap, but we'll blame that on her desire to spend time with us- HA! (j/k)

She has quite the personality already and we are loving it.

Here's another slideshow of more pics from graduation and the "photo shoot:"


And here are some pictures taken around 6 1/2 week as a preview of what's to come in the next post featuring the happenings of Maelee's 2nd month!!!


(too cute to resist)

5 comments:

Kristian and Katy said...

she's just a DOLL!! can't take it. those smiles are the best.
and congrats on your HUGE accomplishment, Doctor!! :)

Summer said...

Congratulations Becky!!! I am so so proud of you!!!!

And btw, the cutest baby ever ever ever!!!

Amber said...

Her smiles are too adorable - very irresistible! And congrats on graduating :)

LL said...

Becky!! So nice to read up on how things have been since CA! I found your blog via Sarah's :) Hey next time Im in NY (which should be soon) I hope we can connect!!!

smiles,
Liz

LL said...

Congrats on DMA! I know you must be elated to be done!!! YAY!