We've taken in several NYC summer faves these past couple of weeks, most of which contained a bit of a wait, but all ended up being well worth it in the end.
The fury of excitement began with the completion of No. 13 from the Summer List:
Go to a performance at Central Park's "SummerStage."

We saw two modern dance companies- the Dayton Contemporary Dance Company, and the nathantriceRITUALS- both were AWESOME! I really do enjoy modern dance and it was especially cool that the evening ended with a cool number set to gospel music! The crowd was on its feet at the end and we enjoyed every minute of it.
(Steve, who's not really into dance, let alone "modern" dance, even said, "I would totally go see that performance again." Yeah, Steve) I only waited about 25 minutes before getting inside, and then Steve and I enjoyed a picnic dinner while we waited the remaining hour or so before the performance began. Seemed like no time at all!
The next day, we enjoyed No. 7:
Spend some time in Brooklyn.
We took in the adorable neighborhood of Carroll Gardens (where we both agreed we could live if we ever moved out of Manhattan some year...), stopping first at the adorable bakery above, while we waited the crazy long 65ish minute wait for the pizza joint below.Lucali's Pizza. Ok, this place was good. Seriously. Fresh mozzarella, fresh everything, so tasty. Definitely worth the wait.
The following Monday, we finally took advantage of No. 12:
Attend a "Movies in Bryant Park" night.
We actually couldn't hear a word of the movie as we were sandwiched in between two REALLY loud groups of people who clearly were there to socialize, and not watch a movie, but it was super fun none-the-less and we only had to wait about an hour enjoying a picnic dinner before hand, so we're not complaining!
Last Friday, we somehow got lucky enough to receive tickets to the Bacchae at Central Park's Delacorte Theater, which, after a delicious dinner at the Atlantic Grill, finally allowed us to complete No. 13 from the Summer List AND No. 9 back from "The Great Thirty by 30 Challenge." :
Go to a Shakespeare in the Park performance.
Yeah, we know, it wasn't actually Shakespeare (this crazy, bloody, gory Greek tragedy was a far cry from the Bard's finest), but it was part of the "Shakespeare in the Park" festival, and we did enjoy the acting, and the music especially. Considering we only had to get there a half hour before curtain as opposed to waiting in the typical SEVEN HOUR or so line (thanks to the "virtual line" they now have!), it was definitely worth it :).Finally, this past Saturday, we enjoyed an awesome afternoon in the East Village with our dear friends, the Roses, enjoying some tasty arepas at the Caracas Arepa Bar and then fulfilling No. 5:
Go to the yummy cupcake place in the East Village that Shawna raves about.
Only a few items left off of this list and then another "list" will shortly follow ;). School starts back up for me next week, so hopefully we'll get most of the last few in there before September comes to an end!
* - Steve's feeling somewhat self-conscious about wearing the same shirt in two different pics, and would like to point out that there were almosts 2 weeks between the shots. He doesn't love camouflage THAT much. . .


4 comments:
I love the camaflogue Steve!! You should wear it everyday :)
Love this post and I really love that you guys are doing so much... maybe I should make a "list."
Good thing you explained that about the shirt, because I was about to say.... ;-)
I left you a message tonight.
And when you make that next list, I am more than happy to give you ideas. ;-)
Love you!
I love the "lists." I should make one - then I would never have an excuse for getting bored! I probably would not have noticed the camo if you hadn't mentioned it :)
SO glad you enjoyed the cupcakes...I knew they wouldn't disappoint. :)
Post a Comment